Saturday, March 29, 2008

Welcome to FAT! Be Gone!

If you are one of the countless thousands who need to lose weight, any amount of weight and have struggled for what seems forever to even have a slight success, then you'll want to be reading this blog. I'm one of those people and man does it get frustrating!

I've recently obtained a new ebook called "Top Secret Fat Loss Secrets" (gee, wonder where I got my blog name!) and I am really intrigued by what the author, Dr Suzanne Gudakunst, has to say about weight loss. Her theories are not completely new, they are definitely not mainstream but she writes about them in a manner that really allows you to understand them better than anywhere else I've read about these ideas.

The Basic Outline

Basically, in addition to eating a healthier way, she's describing how toxins and parasites (yes parasites) living inside us are actually contributing to keeping us fat and unhealthy. You know, to put it bluntly, we deworm our pets but seem to think that we are not able to get the same sort of parasites.

Additives, Chemicals & Processing is Killing Us

Part of the reason we are so trusting is that we think that all the additives and chemicals that have been added to our foods as they come through the food chain will kill anything that can live in us. Did it occur to you that maybe, in addition to those additives and chemicals making our bodies toxic, that maybe those little critters have learned to adapt?

The other culprit is processed food. The more food is processed the less it provides us with the nutrients and benefits that it had when mother nature had control. I'm just as guilty as the next person of overeating on processed food. Our lives are busy and we don't take time to eat naturally because it takes time.

Eating Healthy is Not Expensive

With some research, we can eat healthy without spending an arm and a leg. In fact when you start cooking more with beans, legumes, grains, rice etc you can actually bring your food costs down because you are eating less meat and even less expensive processed food.

One of the challenges I have is that I know very little about how to prepare and cook these healthier foods quickly and easily. Most importantly in tasty dishes with enough variety to keep me from wanting to head for the nearest processed foods. It can be done, in fact my youngest sister has been doing it for years as she struggled to feed her family nutritious, tasty and economical meals on a tight budget.

So, I'm planning on taking a stab at living healthier and hopefully in the process dropping some, if not all of the 200 or so pounds I need to drop. Man, that would be hard to even imagine but I'm going to try. Join me on the journey.

How much are you trying to lose? What's holding you back?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome blog! Thanks for the info...I'm very anxious to read more.